Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The Isle of Bute


Here my Scottish oddessy begins, i was working for a group of stitch fans teaching them the 'Exploring Velvet' workshop. I stayed with Alison in Rothesay for the first couple of days. This was the view from my bedroom window.



St Ninian's Bay, this is where i was teaching my class.


My version of a Scottish thistle, much to local disgust. We were so busy i didn't get time to take shots of the students work. They all did amazing work and the special lunches were memorable!!!


I had a couple of days off to explore the island, i couldn't miss the Bute highland games. This is the magnificent Bruce Robb *sigh*.


Back to St Ninian's to stay with Yennie and David.


Had a visit to Mount Stuart


Mount Stuart gardens were lovely.


Yennie's dog Buster, she was like a little ghost popping up every now and then to gaze at me spookily.


David was very proud of his onions.

Next stop Kenmore........

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lovely work, beautiful photographs. Easy to see why your students are inspired when surrounded by all this.