Pages

Thursday, July 01, 2010

New work ....Finished!

 Here is a collection of new work i've made for The Old Chapel Gallery in Pembridge their summer show is starting on Saturday. i've really enjoyed working on some new pieces in the studio. i'm quite tired now but pleased with my efforts. Hope you like em.
'Chorus'

'We Could Fly'

'Straight Backed Ladies'

'Last of Summer'

'Maids of the Garden'

The techniques i've used here are described in the 'Inspired Velvet' DVD produced by colouricious and this is a little promo video to whet your appetite.

10 comments:

Jensters said...

I love the light shinning through on your work Angie....can i ask what dyes you use please x

Angie H said...

yes, i'm using Dye na flow by Jaquard and quink ink.

fabriquefantastique said...

Oh I wish i could see the show...good luck with it.

Anne B said...

Just bloomin fab. I love the background of "Maids" - looks like you masked or used discharge technique? Gorgeous. Did a workshop with Ineke a couple of weeks ago. She makes CAKES. This has spoilt me for any other tutor now.

Angie H said...

yes i've used bleach as a discharge, i'll never compete with ineke's cake making, given up on the domestic life!

Ceparie said...

A photo can never do justice and I too, wish I could see these in person, they are so lovely. My favorite is Straight Backed Ladies and wonder how you came up with that title. I am drawn to the larger warm sky area and like the dark browns with the colorful threads on top. However, they are all exceptional pieces and you should be very very proud.

Angie H said...

thank you Ceparie idid enjoy making them

2smart said...

What totally inspiring work! I love the techniques, but without the inspiration,they would just be brilliant,oh my!

Gabriela López García said...

Beautiful works!!
Gaby

Angie H said...

hey thanks everyone for your comments i'm about to embark on some spanish influenced pieces, watch this space.