Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mill Barn and Alston Hall

I was working in Lancashire last weekend with a private group of ladies on personal development at a place called Mill Barn at the gloriously named Salmesbury Bottoms near Preston it's open for the national garden scheme

Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June
Art & Garden Mill Barn Goosefoot Close Samlesbury Bottoms Nr Preston. PR5 0SS
(M6 J31 A59/A677 to Blackburn – turn right after Quattro’s restaurant, just before Samlesbury Hall)
Set in a beautiful garden by the river Darwen, most stalls are outdoor under cover. Tel: 01254 853300

here are a few pics of the garden





Chris who owns the place is a scientist and ceramicist and this is a work in progress called 'shrine to alchemy'.  



Newsflash....I'm teaching at Alston Hall Preston Lancs in June, one of the courses is full but 'Text in Textiles' need a couple more students to run, it starts at 4pm on 1st June and finishes at 4pm on 4th June. Give 'em a ring if you are interested 01772 784661

2 comments:

Wild Somerset Child said...

I'd be there if it wasn't for the fact I leave for Ireland on 5th. Have fun - it would be so wonderful to join you for 'text in textiles' is what I love most.

Jackie said...

I was just looking for a link to Art and Garden and I found you. Our textile group meets at Millbarn too and I used to be a member of Preston threads (if thats who you were with)
I will be taking part in Art and Garden this year.