Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shimmering Landscapes and Ogham Stones

Just finished a shimmering landscapes workshop with a small group here in the studio they made some lovely work I had the opportunity to experiment myself too.

here's Catherine messing about with ferrero rocher foils!

another Catherine trying to decide what colours to finish off her lovely tree piece.


the finished pieces ---they all wanted to go away and stitch them up.




Me and my friend and artist Jeanette McCulloch and poet Graham Harthill are planning an exhibition here at the studio for H.Art week, it's going to have a celtic theme we think, so working alongside the girls today i started experimenting with painted bondaweb on velvet with a bit of embossing and stitching. I made a sort of Ogham stone with my name spelt down the side (i'm not fluent in Ogham so it could say anything actually) it's stuffed with a bit of wadding as i'd like to make something a bit 3d. i'm quite pleased with the first effort but i'd like to do more research now and make the whole thing much more interesting.

3 comments:

catherine said...

I had a lovely, inspiring and relaxing day as always at Ledbury Artplace. I'm so glad you've decided to do more workshops there. I'll send you a photo of the tree when it's stitched!

Carol Q said...

LOL - Catherine - looks like you had a wonderful class!!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

What wonderful pieces of art!