Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009


Ballooning and Hundertwasser.........
I went for a balloon ride with my mum this week a birthday pressie from my sister, mum and i are within 2 days of each other in may.
it was really interesting the balloon company Bath Balloons, encourage the riders to join in with the whole process, mind you i can't see how they can get it of the ground without a few willing hands, there were only 3 of them.
Anyway.. i was on holding the hole open while the air was blown in, it was fantastic to look inside, it was like a cathederal when half blown.

me holding hole open!!!




there were 16 riders and the pilot, this is my mum being man handled (by a man) cos she's got a bad knee. Most undignified.











we got up eventually and these are a few shots over Bath. Looking at the photo's later i noticed a comparison with the paintings of Hundertwasser so i've added a couple for you to compare and contrast. I've been using Hundertwasser's paintings as inspiration lately so...... i feel a project coming on.


















2 comments:

Wild Somerset Child said...

So glad you enjoyed the balloon ride over Bath (I was born there). I love the H. pictures and can see the similarity with your aerial shots. I particularly liked the first pic and can't wait to see what projects transpires.

I am busy using your book and interlining method for pages at present for a MASSIVE project of my own. I just love that technique and your book. Thankyou so much.

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

I too love Hunderwasser's work and have used his work for inspiration.