Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008


Last weekend i went on a trip to the Tate Britain to see the Turner Prize retro, i enjoyed Anish Kapoor big blue things and Grayson Perry's ceramics which were mesmerising.

But as usual Turner is the man for me, i was taken by this Turner watercolour 'Blue Rigi' it is so beautiful it moved me to tears. The Turner watercolour exhibition is really interesting, there is a room where you can do your own Turner drawing but me and my mate Sylvia were intrigued by the display of watercolour samples. They had a map of Europe and where Turner had visited and the colour palette he had used in each region. I was interested to see that he used lots of different pinks in Paris, i always think Paris looks pink.

If you had to choose a colour palette for your home town what would you use?

1 comment:

Penny said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. Wish I was in England to see the Turner, I think the last time I saw them was about 1971 and we just got in and the power went off!! A long time between visits.
Love what you are doing and cant wait for the book.