Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007


On Sewing Machines....

My friend Ann Paterson came over yesterday with her sewing machine. It has a panic button!!

My first machine was a Frister Rossman Cub 3 which i bought from the catalogue £1.50 per week when i was 17. It was with me all through my City & Guilds and HNC and it helped win me the Charles Henry Foyle Trust Award for Stitched Textiles. It always hated stitching metallic threads though i made it comply as well as i could but i could have used a panic button on several occasions. Mark says that he has worked on building sites over the years but has never heard such language as when i'm sitting at my sewing machine. Making things can be stressful sometimes don't you agree?

3 comments:

see-saw said...

Hi Angie, My first experience with a sewing machine was on my mothers treddle singer, dolls clothes at first then as a teenager clothes for myself. My first maternity top was made on it too.
I am only glad that we have moved on to the new mellenium and machines that can do `almost` everything. A panic button sounds great but a good manual does work wonders. Mavis

English Rose said...

that is so what I need sometimes, on lots of things come to think of it when they seem to want to do something completely different to you.

Carol said...

this made me laugh out loud, my husband asked me if I enjoyed sewing, as all he could here was cursing and swearing when I am on my machine