Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Just back from the Contemporary Quilt group summer school at Alston Hall, Preston, I was teaching a course called 'Poetic Images' and the students rose to the challenge magnificently! I had a great time as it's a lovely place to visit and has a wonderful atmosphere, the food is great and the quilters were energetic and enthusiastic as usual.

I made a rare diary cock up though and missed my last weekend with Hilary Bower at Missenden Abbey, i had it down in my diary as the 1st week July not June and returned home to frantic messages wondering if i was dead in a ditch. ... I was gutted to realise I'd missed the weekend though, i really feel like i need external input and Hilary is really good at prising out hidden nuggets of creativity you were unaware of!

That drive from Preston is quite exhausting though, i kept myself entertained by listening to Margaret Atwood's 'Alias Grace' which is a bit raunchy in parts so the distraction kept me awake!! I didn't wake up til 11.30 this morning i must have been knackered!

2 comments:

Lara Lorelei said...

We did miss you over the weekend at Missenden, hopefully you'll be back again soon.

Sounds like you didn't miss out entirely on a textile orientated weekend.

take care

Claire xx

Angie H said...

Cheers, i feel such a goon!!!