Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

I thought i would put up a few pictures of Wednesday night at the prince of wales as I'm always going on about it. This one is my old Mark with his new darabouka. There are a few more to view click here

It was a cracking night actually, plenty of variety. A lot of people expect it to be a folk session but we do have lots of different styles of music, some bizarre, we once had a singing saw, we've had opera and an eastern European belly dancer, that got the old gufters from the back bar standing up to have a look. Recently we've had some younger muso's which has livened things up a bit. I took a shot of Ewan this week who has a particular musical hero, have a guess who?

I went out last night with my arty chum Jeanette, she was helping me out with some art history for my mixed media book and we planned a new workshop she wants to do in the studio on art sketchbooks. Then we met up Mark and a few other mates and discussed our latest musical purchases. I just rediscovered Tackhead which really gets you making brooches fast i can tell you. Mark and i listen to the latest Tom Waits album when we got home Orphans it's very wonderful, grungy, sexy and sad.

more brooches beckon......

No comments: